How far in advance should I place my order?
Please order early to ensure availability as all rentals are provided on a first come, first serve basis. We recommend you book your message at least 2 weeks in advance to allow us to schedule appropriately. We highly recommend advance ordering for popular times of year such as graduation. We typically limit our bookings 2 per evening.
I just placed my order. What happens now?
Once you’ve ordered your yard greeting, you’ll receive a confirmation via email. Please double check the address, delivery date and time to ensure we have everything correct. All greetings must be paid for in advance. We will make every effort to contact you if a problem arises as your satisfaction is very important to us.
When can I expect delivery?
Messages are set up by us the night prior to a desired date (usually between 6-9 p.m.) We will try our best to accommodate for special delivery times if requested. Simply contact us! Our yard sign rentals are typically for 24 hours; however, extra time can be available for an additional cost.
What is included in my order?
Yard Party Rental will deliver and setup your message with our large 18” letters, numbers and specialty signs to celebrate the occasion in any outdoor space. We will pick up the yard greeting (usually between 6-9 p.m.) the following evening. If you would like to setup for an extra day, it is available for an additional cost.
Can I order something I don’t see on your site?
We will absolutely do our best to provide! Please allow us approximately 3 weeks to get you what you would like to see. Don’t hesitate to ask!
Where do you deliver?
We are excited to serve the neighborhoods, schools and businesses in Howard County, Baltimore County and the surrounding areas within a 15-mile radius from zip code 21045 for no additional delivery charge. However, if your Yard Party rental request is beyond 15 miles, an additional delivery charge will be applied to the order. Click here to check mileage.
Do you fill same day orders?
We sure do! This is based on availability and is subject to a $25 rush fee if booked after 7 pm the evening before set up and $50 after 12 pm the day of. Don’t hesitate to ask!
Do you do Holiday deliveries?
Yes, we do! There will be an additional $50 setup charge on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, Independence Day, Easter, Christmas Eve, and Christmas day. On these holidays, our setup times will vary so we can get home in time to celebrate with family!
If the sign is a gift, how will the recipient know who sent it?
When a yard decoration display is rented as a gift, a hang tag card will be left on the front door for the recipient that lets them know who sent it and how the rental works.
Where will the signs be placed in the yard?
We will use our best judgment regarding sign placement to ensure optimal visibility and a pleasing backdrop for photographs. If there is a specific spot you would like for the signs to be placed, (i.e. the backyard or side-yard) please notify us when you place your order and we will do our best to accommodate your request. We cannot guarantee exact placement if you are not at home when we deliver the signs, and/or if you have not marked the location in the yard with a clearly visible marker.
Will the signs damage my yard?
The signs should not damage your yard. The yard card signs are displayed on very small wire stakes which barely make a mark in your yard. We will respect your yard and work hard to make sure your lawn or flower beds will not be damaged.
We want to make this a fun experience for you and us! We ask a few things…
- Please do not remove, relocate or re-arrange the letters on our displays. We want to keep them in good condition and avoid break or ruin. You are responsible for replacing the damaged letter/graphic at $20 an item. If you need your display to be removed early, please give us a call and will gladly come and get them.
- Please water your lawn generously in the days prior and of the installation. If the lawn is too dry, we can refuse set-up upon arrival with a 50% refund.
- Please do not attach anything to the display, including string, streamers, balloons, etc.
- If you have sprinklers, please turn them off for the duration of your display.
- Please avoid lawn or landscaping service during the duration of the display. Grass clippings stain the letters. There will be a $20 cleaning charge for letters dirtied by mowing during installation.
- If you are in a gated community, please provide us an access code. We don’t want anything to prohibit us from setting up your display for you.
- Keep dogs and children away from the signs for their safety and the protection of the signs. Yard Party Rental and its representatives will not be responsible or liable for any injury that may be caused to any person while they are rented and in your recipient’s yard.
- If you are renting a sign as a surprise for someone, let someone in their household know we are coming so they are not startled by us setting up or tearing down in the evening. (Set up/tear down is between 6-9 p.m.)
- Especially during COVID-19, please don’t touch or move the signs. We are doing our very best to keep your family & ours healthy. We wipe down with disinfectant wipes between uses but your help in not touching the signs is greatly appreciated to prevent possible spreading of germs.
- We WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES put up “mean or derogatory” displays. We won’t tolerate cruel jokes of any sort. We are in the business to bring joy to people not dismay.
- DO take pictures of your sign and tag @YardPartyRental.MD on Facebook or @YardPartyRental on Instagram. We love seeing smiling message recipients.
- If there are any issues with the order, please let us know immediately, so we can make it right. We want completely satisfied customers. The biggest compliment is to tell your friends about us and be a repeat customer!
- Cancellations prior to 72 hours you will receive a full refund, or we can switch the date of your message for free.
- Cancellations within 72 hours will forfeit 50% of the payment fee or we can switch the date of your message for free.
- If there is inclement weather keeping us from setting up your greeting, we will provide a full refund.
- We will not issue a refund if the order was submitted incorrectly, customers asks for the sign to be removed, if restricted from setting up within a gated community, asked to leave by the homeowner, or prevented from entering the yard due to unsafe conditions.
We will do our very best to set up in all weather conditions. Normal rain or light snow is not a cause for a cancellation. However, in the event of inclement weather or if it is unsafe, we will not be able to set up any yard displays. If this occurs, we will promptly contact you to discuss set up options. If weather prevents us from being able to set up, a full refund will be provided. Inclement weather includes lightning, thunderstorms, flooding, heavy snow, ice storm or extremely frozen yard, tornado, high wind and any other Act of God that would put us or our yard displays in danger. Wind must be severe enough to impact the stability of the signs to cause a cancellation. If weather prevents normal pick up time (24 hours), we will pick up the following day when conditions are safer. Thank you for understanding.
- If we are setting up, please feel free to come outside, but please keep your social distance 6 feet away with a MASK on. Social distance is in accordance with our local and state orders for in this pandemic.
- You are WELCOME to take photos, but please refrain from touching or moving the yard cards.
- We are taking all precautions to keep your family and our family safe by wiping down signs with disinfectant after each use.